It only seems like yesterday that the first Bass[sic] party kicked off in a sweaty basement in Shoreditch. Fresh faced & wet behind the ears residents Hubie, rejectbeats and Big Nick D pushed the soundsystem to the max along side our first ever guests Peo de Pitte and The101Connection. We are all a year older now, crow’s feet & grey hair have made an appearance, but the Bass[sic] vibe is still in full effect.
Come and join us for a first birthday of epic proportions. We’ve secured drinks deals, world class guest DJs and a late licence, so put on your dancing shoes and help us celebrate for free until 4am. We advise you get to The Cornershop early as it’s gonna be rammed!
Here’s all you need to know…
Bass[sic] – Saturday 24th November 2012 – Downstairs @ The Cornershop, Shoreditch, London
* Special Late Licence – 8pm-4am – FREE Entry!
* Exclusive drinks specials at the downstairs bar!
* Bass Music * House * Breaks * Electro * Funk *
Featuring the amazing DJing talents of…
* NAPT [Fool’s Gold / Red Sugar] – Fuelled by low end dynamics, stylish production and powerful beats our first guest’s imaginative musical vision has seen them win prestigious dance awards, top charts and become supported by the some of the world’s top selectors including Annie Mac, A-Trak, Crookers, Laidback Luke, Dillon Francis and Steve Aoki. With releases on A-Trak and Nick Catchdub’s Fool’s Gold, Herve’s Cheap Thrills, AC Slater’s Party Like Us, La Bombe and their very own imprint Red Sugar Records, 2012 has been a fantastic year for NAPT.
* NORMSKI [Hoxton FM / Get Tronic] – For our second guest we have a very exciting birthday treat. Not only is he a leading authority on urban and contemporary culture, has had a prolific career in the field of music, television, photography, fashion and journalism, but he’s also a party rocking DJ of the highest calibre. Normski has been the face of many TV shows on BBC2, ITV & Channel 4 but now you can catch him behind the decks at Bass[sic] spinning his brand of turbo charged techy beats. Be sure to catch his weekly radio show, Get Tronic every Friday on Hoxton FM.
* HEDSTATE [Big Square Records] – As an added birthday bonus we have a third guest this month, the Hedstate DJs. A loose collective of producers & DJs, these open minded, forward thinking northerners will grace the Bass[sic] control booth & wow you with their eclectic tune selection.
* REJECTBEATS [Danny Reject & Kimpossible / NSB Radio]
* BIG NICK D [Big Square Records]
* HUBIE [NSB Radio]
Downstairs @ The Cornershop
123 Shoreditch High Street
Shoreditch, London, E1 6JE
* Special Late Licence * Exclusive Downstairs Bar Drinks Specials * Funktion One Soundsystem *
* Map: http://bit.ly/orxLBW
We hope you can join us in the rave cave, downstairs at The Cornershop! Since it’s our birthday we’ve secured a special LATE LICENCE, staying open ’til 4am, and some exclusive DRINKS SPECIALS at the downstairs bar only, so please take advantage of them!
Once again, entry to this party is FREE all night long and, considering the heavy lineup, we’re expecting the venue to be rammed so make sure you get down there nice and early to avoid disappointment!
Also make sure you check out our mixcloud for loads of exclusive mixes and live sets to get you in the mood for the party: http://www.mixcloud.com/Bass_Sic/
See you down the front!
The Bass[sic] team
Hi party people!
It’s taken us almost a week to recover from the party, so many apologies for the delay, but we’d just like to make a big shout out to everyone who came down to The Cornershop last Saturday. You helped our fourth party go off with a massive bang, so many thanks, we couldn’t have done it without you!
Extra big ups to our fantastic guest DJs Beat Assassins and Mjoogoo who absolutely smashed things left right and centre and also to our lovely resident DJs who warmed the crowd up perfectly.
I know we keep promising to add pics to our Gallery, don’t worry, we’re working on it! Check back soon!
We hope you can join us for our next party on Saturday 28th of July – mark it in your diaries, it’s gonna be another big one! Further details, including the full lineup, will be announced soon so watch this space!
Nice one gang!
The Bass[sic] team
Not long to go now! This Saturday Bass[sic] returns to the rave cave basement at The Cornershop in Shoreditch and we’re getting very excited!
This Saturday 26th of May our special guests Beat Assassins and Mjoogoo will be tearing up the decks with their unique mixture of bouncy beats and bass and our residents rejectbeats, Big Nick D and Hubie will be ably supporting with an expert selection of hip hop, house, electro and breaks for your lovely ears.
Of course entry to the party is FREE all night. Kick off is at 8pm – we recommend you get down there nice and early cos it’s bound to get very busy and we don’t want you to miss out on all the fun!
All the event info can be found HERE!
Also check out our various listings…
As ever with Bass[sic], we like to go that extra mile and offer you some tasty mixes, tunes and podcasts to keep you in the party spirit! Here’s what we have for you this time round…
First up we have exclusive mixes from one of our May guests, Mjoogoo, and a live set recorded at our last event courtesy of Big Nick D. Head on over to our Mixcloud page to check ’em out!
Next up is a pair of remixes of Bass Nation by Digibox that was originally released on Big Square Records last year. These two new cuts are from rejectbeats & Hedstate. You can download both tracks from the Big Square Souncloud page.
Finally we have the playback of the official Bass[sic] warm up show from this weeks Hubie Sounds featuring special guest Mjoogoo on NSB Radio. Log on to Hubie’s website to grab it now!
Cheers peeps, and see you down the front on Saturday!
The Bass[sic] team
We just wanted to say another big thanks to all of you who came down to The Cornershop on Saturday night and helped make our third Bass[sic] party such a rawring success! Also massive big ups to our excellent guest DJs, Mr Cut La Roc and the man-like Merka, aka Ford Audio, for absolutely smashing the place to pieces! A notable mention should also go to our ever-reliable resident DJs who, together with our guests, formed a very juicy bass music sandwich, I’m sure you’d agree!
We’re still sifting through our photos from the night, they should be up very soon, so keep an eye on our Gallery page for updates.
The next party is on Saturday 26th of May at The Cornershop, mark it in your diaries! Full lineup and details coming soon, watch this space!
The Bass[sic] team
We hope you’ve more or less recovered from the weekend! We’d just like to make a big shout out to everyone who came down to The Cornershop on Saturday night and helped make our second ever Bass[sic] such a raving success! Extra special big ups to Plaza de Funk, Collins303 & DJ Ryu for their excellent sets and of course to the resident DJs too!
We’ve updated the Gallery page with all the pics from the party so make sure you check them out!
Once again we’d like to apologise for the venue ‘complications’, but I’m sure you’ll agree they didn’t seem to affect us at all as the venue was rammed with happy smiling ravers all night long! However you can rest assured that we’ll be back where we belong, downstairs in the Cornershop rave-cave/basement, with another huge lineup, next time! Watch this space for all the updates 😉
The Bass[sic] Team
As promised last week, here’s a short film of last month’s launch party. See if you can spot yourself if you were there!
Big ups to Steph Squeaks for the footage and to Jrbazil for his top notch editing skillz!
We can now also proudly announce the date of the next Bass[sic] party – Saturday 28th January, once again at The Cornershop in Shoreditch. The full lineup will be annonced soon, so watch this space, it’s gonna be mega! 😉
The Bass[sic] team