First of all we’d like to say a massive thank you to everyone who came down to The Cornershop for Bass[sic] last Saturday. It was great to see all of you and we hope you had a great time. We’d also like to say a belated big ups to our guest DJs Pimpsoul and Goffrey who, despite a few minor technical problems, managed to bang out excellent sets and kept everyone dancing ’til kick out time.
Speaking of kick out time… please accept our sincerest apologies for the early closing time on Saturday. Unfortunately, the venue had some unexpected licencing issues that weekend and as a result we had to close earlier than usual. We realise that there were a number of people queuing outside who were unable to get into, or re-enter, the venue too. Once again that was down to the unexpected temporary licencing issues and we apologise for this.
Anyway, we have been reassured that everything will be back to normal for the next party, on 24th November. Mark it in your diary now because it’s our 1st birthday party and it’s going to be even bigger and better than ever! Full details will be announced soon, so watch this space!
The Bass[sic] team
Bass[sic] returns to The Cornershop this Saturday for another of our infamous FREE parties! Our headliner Pimpsoul has packed his bags full of funk and party bangers so you’d better be ready to dance and dance hard! And our special guest Goffrey and residents Hubie, Rejectbeats and Big Nick D are suited up and ready to blow your socks off with a fine selection of beats and bass.
As usual it’s FREE entry all night long so make sure you get down there nice and early to make sure you get a good spot on the dancefloor!
All the event info can be found HERE
Also check out our various listings…
As ever with Bass[sic], we like to go that extra mile and offer you some tasty mixes, tunes and podcasts to keep you in the party spirit! Here’s what we have for you this time round…
- We have an exclusive recording of Ben & Lex’s barnstorming headline set from the last Bass[sic] party in July! Stream it and download it for FREE from our Mixcloud HERE!
- And if you’d like to listen to Ben & Lex‘s live set in the context of a funky radio show, you can do so by downloading this week’s Hubie Sounds show, originally broadcast on NSB Radio! As well as that live set, Hubie spins a cracking selection of bass-heavy bangers including music by Public Enemy, Boys Noize, Stanton Warriors and Plump DJs. The show is being uploaded as I type this, so keep an eye on hubiesounds.com – it should be ready any minute now!
- Also make sure you check out the rest of our Mixcloud where you can find loads of exclusive mixes to stream and download, of course all for free.
Right, that’s yer lot! We hope we see you down the front at The Cornershop this Saturday night! Make sure you come and say hello!
The Bass[sic] team
Oi oi Bass[sic]ers!
It’s about that time we started talking about the September instalment of our brilliant little FREE party. It’s on the last Saturday in September with another pair of excellent special guests spinning bass-tastic bombs to keep your booties bouncing ’til the wee small hours!
Here’s all you need to know…
Bass[sic] – Saturday 29th September 2012 @ The Cornershop, Shoreditch, London
* 8pm-late – FREE Entry!
* Bass Music * House * Breaks * Electro * Funk *
Featuring the amazing DJing talents of…
* Pimpsoul [Bomb Strikes] – First up we have the thinking man’s ghettofunker, Pimpsoul. We’re very lucky to have him gracing the Bass[sic] turntables as he’s a DJ who has taken his skills to venues across the globe to entertain audiences as far afield as Canada and Romania. Fully armed with a crate full of his own bombastic re-edits and mash ups, Pimpsoul grabs the party by its horns and stamps his name on its ass cheeks like a cowpoke with a bad temper. This flat cap sporting English gent is a genuine club DJ with the power to drop the bass and watch the bodies fly around the room. We can’t wait!
* Goffrey [NuSkoolBreaks.co.uk] – Backing the great man up we have everyone’s favourite back street Betty, the legend that is Goffrey. No stranger to rocking the rave, Goffrey will treat us to his eclectic mix of breaks, house, techno & big beat. So watch out, he’s gonna blow your back doors off!
* Rejectbeats [Danny Reject & Kimpossible / NSB Radio]
* Big Nick D [Big Square Records]
* Hubie [NSB Radio]
123 Shoreditch High Street
Shoreditch, London, E1 6JE
* Funktion One Soundsystem * Drinks Specials * Food served upstairs ’til 10pm *
* Map: http://bit.ly/orxLBW
* Contact: email@example.com
We hope you can join us in the rave cave, downstairs at The Cornershop! Once again, entry to this party is FREE all night long and, considering the heavy lineup, we’re expecting the venue to be rammed so make sure you get down there nice and early to avoid disappointment!
Also make sure you check out our mixcloud for loads of exclusive mixes and live sets to get you in the mood for the party: http://www.mixcloud.com/Bass_Sic/
See you down the front!
The Bass[sic] team