Hi gang. We’d just like to give a massive big ups to all of you who came down to Bells Of Shoreditch on Friday night to party with us, we hope you enjoyed it. Also special big ups to our excellent guest DJs Evil Nine, Purge and Jung who absolutely smashed it.
We’d also like to give a special thanks to our very talented VJs Psychomonkey and Mr Faff for providing quality visuals once again and to the lovely Candice and Angela for once again helping out on the door. We really appreciate all your hard work lads and ladies. And of course big ups to the venue for having us.
Finally, we’ve updated our photo gallery with pics from the night – you can check out the party gallery directly HERE. Special thanks to James Evans of Entoptika for taking the pics and letting us use them on our site.
Alrighty, that’s about it for now. Don’t forget you can next catch the Bass[sic] crew on board the Elite Force Boat Party on Saturday 13th July. Tickets are still available but they’re selling fast so you’d best get onto it pronto! Get your tickets HERE!
The Bass[sic] team
Ok gang, are you all set for the big party this Friday night? We’re getting very excited!
In case you’ve missed the news, Bass[sic] is returning to Bells Of Shoreditch, East London, this Friday 14th June for a massive bass music all nighter, with extra special guest DJs Evil Nine making an all-too rare London appearance, supported by hot new talents Purge and Jung and the ever-reliable resident DJs – Hubie, Rejectbeats and Big Nick D – giving you a whopping eight hours of bass music bliss!
The party kicks off at 10pm and it’s only £5 on the door (£8 after midnight), so at those cheap prices you’d better make sure you get down nice and early to reserve your spot on the dancefloor. It’s gonna be smashing!
All the event info can be found HERE!
You can also check out the party info on Facebook!
Free Music & Fun Stuff!
As ever with Bass[sic], we like to go that extra mile and offer you some tasty music, podcasts and other free stuff to keep you in the party spirit! Here’s what we have for you this time round…
First up, to give you a flavour of what to expect from our headline DJs Evil Nine, we’ve got a cracking new podcast from the fiendish ones recorded for Frenchkulture crew MaisonHate. This mixset is chock full of dark, bassy grooves and late night filth. Check it out here…
We also have a FREE track from the Evils, a brand new attempt at re-creating their classic breaks sound. We love it and we’re sure you will too! You can grab it completely gratis right here…
Next up, we have a garagey-housey-bass-fest from another of our guest DJs, Purge. This is his latest promo mix and it’s a belter! Check it out here…
Of course we also have the official warm up for the party, The Bass[sic] Session, provided by resident DJ Hubie on his Hubie Sounds show on NSB Radio. This time around Hubie was joined in the studio by fellow-Bass[sic] team-member Big Nick D who laid down a set of his typically excellent tech-housey business. You can check out the show right HERE!
And finally… don’t forget to check out our Mixcloud where you can find loads of exclusive mixes and live sets to stream and download, of course all for free.
Right, that’s yer lot! We hope we see you down the front at Bells Of Shoreditch this Friday night! Make sure you come and say hello!
The Bass[sic] team
Here’s a new feature on the site dedicated to telling you, our lovely followers, what tunes are currently floating our boats, firing our lasers and filling our collective pants with excitey-goo. Too much info? Ok, maybe we should move on…
To kick off, our loveable resident DJ and pet-kiwi Hubie has given us a list of the five releases that are rocking his CD wallet at the moment. Here they are, in no particular order…
1. Little Roy – Battle For Seattle [Ark] – “I do like a good spot of dub and reggae and, as a true child of the 80s and 90s, I’m also a massive fan of grunge and Nirvana in particular. This album combines the two perfectly with a set of surprisingly excellent Nirvana covers in a rubba-dub-stylee, which never takes itself too seriously.”
2. Kry Wolf & Claude VonStroke – Turbosteppa [Dirtybird] – “This has been around for a while now and no doubt a lot of you will know it well. But at the moment this is the archetypal Tune That Never Leaves My CD Wallet. A guaranteed dancefloor filler with a bassline that makes me want to have its babies.”
3. Phil Kieran – Ghetto Face Place Space [Twin Turbo] – “Another dark, electro-tinged, techy banger, that just screams ‘get your stomp on’! I don’t know where Phil’s been in recent years but if he keeps popping out tunes like this then I will happily buy them on sight.”
4. Tom Rowlands – Nothing But Pleasure [Phantasy] – “Taking a break from writing tunes as part of one of the greatest dance acts of all time, the Chemical Brothers‘ Tom has put out a banging two-track EP on Erol Alkan‘s Phantasy label, the highlight of which, for me, is the epic techno-tastic Nothing But Pleasure. This track builds and builds until you can take no more and, just when you think you’re about to melt into a puddle of anxious techno-goo, it drops causing all who hear it to go full retard in the best possible way. Lovely stuff.”
5. Birdee – We Don’t Fool Around [Moveltraxx] – “This one just oozes summery vibes. And with the sun finally deciding to come out and dance here in the UK, there isn’t a more perfect tune to throw on whilst frolicking outside in your underwear. And as an added bonus, you can grab this tune absolutely gratis via the soundcloud below…”
That’s it from Hubie for now. You can catch him DJing along with the rest of the Bass[sic] residents, as well as some fellas called Evil Nine, Purge and Jung, at Bells Of Shoreditch next week, on Friday 14th June. For more info about this mega party, go HERE!
In the meantime, we intend to continue this feature on a regular basis, as long as we remember to do it (!), with further charts and stuff from our other resident DJs, as well as our guest DJs. Watch this space!
See ya at Bells Of Shoreditch next week!
The Bass[sic] team
Hi gang! We’re pleased to announce the details of our next big party taking place on Friday 14th June, once again at the Bells Of Shoreditch in East London.
This time around we’ve got a late 6am licence and some proper legends headlining in the form of macabre beatsmiths Evil Nine, making a rare London appearance with their unique combination of electro, beats and bass. Also on the decks we have one of the biggest talents bubbling under in London clubland at the moment, Purge. And completing the lineup we have a proper party starter in Jung, as well as our ever reliable residents Hubie, Rejectbeats and Big Nick D.
Here’s all the party info…
Bass[sic] – Friday 14th June 2013 @ the Bells Of Shoreditch, East London
* Bass Music * Dirty House * Tech House * Breaks *
Featuring the amazing DJing talents of…
EVIL NINE [For Lovers] – Brighton-based duo Evil Nine (or Pat Pardy and Tom Beaufoy to their respective mums) have been producing dark, twisted beats for 14 years now. Their early days signed to Adam Freeland’s trail blazing Marine Parade stable saw them produce one of the great debut dance music albums in You Can Be Special Too – a truly unique collection of macabre beats and basslines, tied together with some of the most talented rhymers the underground hip hop scene had to offer. This record, as well as a raft of excellent singles and remixes, led to the duo becoming one of the hottest properties in underground dance music. They have since produced a second album, the zombie-themed They Live and they are currently working on a third long-player, due to hit later this year on their own label, For Lovers.
PURGE [Nasty FM] – Also sharing this exciting lineup is one of the hottest up-and-coming talents of London’s underground bass music scene, Purge. Having rubbed shoulders with the superstars of the infamous Fabric nightclub, Purge has gone on to become a special talent in his own right, spinning an up front selection of the finest bass music, garage and house to packed dancefloors all over the UK and Europe. Purge is no stranger to the world of underground radio too, hosting his own show on Marcus Nasty’s Nasty FM. He’s also been busy in the studio, working on his debut EP Sandstorm, due to hit this summer on Berlin’s ITAKA.
JUNG [Bass Ache] – We’re also proud to announce a third special guest, the very talented Jung. Also known as Stacey McDonald, he has played for Chew The Fat at the legendary End nightclub, warming up for the likes of The Rogue Element, and will bring his unique blend of fresh bass music and classic breaks and jungle to the decks for a rare and exciting London appearance.
Hubie [NSB Radio]
Rejectbeats [NSB Radio]
Big Nick D [Big Square Records]
And special guest VJs…
Mr Faff [Looking Sound]
The Bells Of Shoreditch
48 Kingsland Road, Shoreditch, London, E2 8AA
- 10pm – 6am
- Tickets: door sale only – £5 before midnight / £8 after
- Map: http://goo.gl/maps/0Vakb
- Enquiries & further info: Contact the Bass[sic] team
This party is bound to be a sell out, so given that tickets are door-sale only, you’d better make sure you get down there early to avoid disappointment!
Keep an eye on this website for further announcements plus more fun features, interviews and music in the lead up to the big event.
The Bass[sic] team