Hi bass lovers! We’re back for 2014 with some exciting news… we’re proud to announce that we’ll be hosting the second room at the mighty Rockit Science 6th Birthday Party on Saturday 29th March at the opulent Big Chill House in King’s Cross.
There will be some proper British musical royalty spinning on the ones and twos at this party, with Massive Attack‘s Daddy G, Andy Smith (ex-Portishead) and the one and only Normski headlining the event. In support we have the ever reliable collins303, Rockit Scientist, Big Nick D, Hubie and rejectbeats banging out quality disco, house, electro and loads more for your lovely ears.
Entry is FREE before 10pm and only a fiver afterwards. Make sure you get down nice and early to reserve your place on the dance floor, because this party is gonna be HUGE!
Here are all the details…
Big Chill presents… Rockit Science’s 6th Birthday
Saturday 29th March @ Big Chill House, 257-259 Pentonville Rd, King’s Cross, N1 9NL
Daddy G – DJ Set (Massive Attack)
Andy Smith (Ex-Portishead / The Document)
collins303 (Rockit Science)
Rockit Scientist (Rockit Science)
Room Two – Hosted By Bass[sic]:
Normski (Get-Tronic / Hoxton FM)
Big Nick D (Big Square Records / Bass[sic])
Hubie (NSB Radio / Bass[sic])
rejectbeats (NSB Radio / Bass[sic])
9pm-4am – Free Before 10pm / £5 Thereafter
See you down the front!
The Bass[sic] team
Hi gang. It’s been two years since we threw our first Bass[sic] party in ol’ London town, and even though we’re currently taking a short break, we thought it was only right to celebrate such an occasion with this 2nd Birthday Podcast!
As promised, here it is, featuring three excellent, brand-spanking-new mixes by our resident DJs:- Big Nick D, Rejectbeats and Hubie, rammed full of house, techno, breaks and LOADS more!
Here’s the full tracklist…
Bass[sic] resident Big Nick D in the mix:
- Dinky – Falling Angel
- Guti & Luca Bacchetti – Loneliness
- Fatboy Slim – Praise You (Maribou State Remix)
- John Tejada – Somewhere
- Maceo Plex – Stop Your Hate
Bass[sic] resident Rejectbeats in the mix:
- Ivory D’or – Flashback
- Foamo ft. Lotti – Release Me
- Hostage – Fade To Black
- Wretch 32 – Pop (Fake Blood Remix)
- Yolanda Be Cool – Sweat Naked
- Peo De Pitte – Easy White Boy (Plump DJs Mix)
- Unique 3 – All Your Secrets (Deep)
Bass[sic] resident Hubie in the mix:
- Claude VonStroke – The Clapping Track
- Azari & III – Manic (The Finger Prince Static Situation Mix)
- Zombie Nation – Momplays (Popof Remix)
- Djedjotronic – Back
- The Electroliners – Loose Caboose
- Metro LA – To A Nation Rockin’
We hope this fills the Bass[sic]-shaped void in your lives for the time being, at least until our next party, which is due to hit the streets of London in early 2014. Watch this space and follow us on Twitter for party updates!
The Bass[sic] team
Hi everyone. Long time no see! Many apologies for the relative silence at our end recently. Don’t worry, we haven’t gone anywhere, we’ve merely been hibernating through the chilly months.
However, to celebrate our imminent 2nd Birthday, we’ve managed to temporarily wake from our slumber to put together another cracking Bass[sic] podcast, which should be ready next week. The Bass[sic] tech elves are just putting the final polish on it as we speak.
Watch this space for updates over the next few days, it will definitely be worth the wait!
The Bass[sic] team
Hi everyone. Since our last post on here, we here at Bass[sic] HQ have been quite busy with our various projects, gigs, summer holidays, getting married, having babies and so on and so forth, as you do! Anyway, as a result of our various endeavours this month, we’ve got a bumper crop of free music for your lovely ears. Are you sitting comfortably? Then let’s begin…
We’ve Gone Promo Mix Crazy!
It must be the sunny weather here in the UK that’s been inspiring us, because all three Bass[sic] residents have serendipitously knocked together respective promo mixes for you to stream and download to your heart’s content…
- To kick off, here is Big Nick D‘s latest monthly promo mix – Big Nick D. August Mix 2013 – crammed full of summertime tech house and techno, including choice cuts by the likes of Basement Jaxx, Tiefschwarz and Green Velvet, to name but a few! Make sure you check out the rest of Big Nick D‘s Mixcloud too!
- Next up is a banging mix from newly-married duo Rejectbeats – featuring electro, breaks and house bangers by the likes of Plump DJs, Evil Nine, Foamo and loads more! For more from the Rejects, check out rejectbeats.co.uk!
- Lastly, we have a summer-themed mix from Hubie – Take California – Mixed By Hubie – including house of the dirty and techy variety by the likes of Claude VonStroke, Julio Bashmore, Fatboy Slim and many more! Don’t forget to check out the rest of Hubie‘s Mixcloud too!
Bass[sic] @ The Elite Force Boat Party 2013
Finally we’ve got each of our resident DJs’ sets recorded live in the Bass[sic] room on board this year’s sweltering Elite Force Boat Party. These mixes were broadcast in their entirety as part of the Hubie Sounds show on NSB Radio and can be streamed and downloaded via the Hubie Sounds Mixcloud…
- Hubie Sounds 070 – Featuring Rejectbeats‘ boat party set, plus fresh beats and classic tunes by the likes of Stanton Warriors, New Order and Coldcut
- Hubie Sounds 071 – Featuring Hubie‘s boat party set, plus classic club bangers and anthems by the likes of Beastie Boys, DeeJay Punk-Roc and The Chemical Brothers‘ Tom Rowlands
- Hubie Sounds 072 – Featuring Big Nick D‘s boat party set, plus a laid back selection of tunes by the likes of Lemon Jelly, Flight Of The Conchords and General Levy
- And last but certainly not least, we thought we’d include a link to the main man himself – Elite Force‘s set recorded live at this year’s boat party, which you can stream and download via his Soundcloud…
Alrighty, that should keep your ears and asses busy for the remaining summer days!
That’s about it from us for now. Watch this space for updates regarding our next party, coming soon, all being well.
The Bass[sic] team
Having seen Hubie’s Fearsome Five back in June, Bass[sic] resident Big Nick D wanted to get in on the top tunes action. In fact he didn’t just want to match Hubie‘s sublime selection, he wanted to go one better! So here it is – Big Nick D’s Summertime Six…
1. Zodiac Cartel – How U Feel? [U&A] – “A big chunky funker that I just can’t get enough of. Despite the letter “U” instead of the word “you”, this tune is almost perfection. The often attempted, but rarely achieved trinity of soul, tech and pure whomp is in full effect here. Future classic?”
2. Justin Martin – Ghettos & Gardens (Claude VonStroke Beverly Hills Coyote Mix) [Dirtybird] – “Two of my all time favourite producers, Martin and Vonstroke. This track just builds and builds and builds and builds and I can’t stop playing it… a permanent resident in my CD wallet.”
3. Pleasurekraft – The Main Ingredient (Richard Dinsdale Remix) [Deepalma] – “I drop a lot of Pleasurekraft when I’m playing out and I’d been playing the original of this for a while, but it’s this Dinsdale remix that excites me most. Low slung techy funk that keeps rolling, but packs a punch when pitched up a little. Sweeeet!”
4. Lee Burridge & Andy Page – Do You Smoke Pot? [Almost Anonymous] – “An oldie but a goodie that I rediscovered recently when moving some vinyl about the flat. Deep rolling tech with what sounds like a Woody Harrelson sample on it. What’s not to like? It’s a lovely record that chugs along for nearly ten minutes. Sadly I can’t find a clip on Soundcloud, but it is included in my DJ mix below.”
5. Drums Of Death – Bang The Dub [Civil Music] – “Enough with the beard stroking, chugging rollers I hear you cry. Okay, how about this bad bwoy? Hard, bouncy and devoid of sexyness, this is a real treble head masher with old skool hats and snares going off all over the place. A proper leftfield banger from DOD. I’m feeling this guy’s stuff big time lately. Bang The Dub is the second waveform in the clip.”
6. Rejectbeats – Watto (Hedstate Remix) [Big Square] – “How could I not include this summertime reworking of Rejectbeats from my own label? Yeah, it’s a cheeky plug, but it’s an ace tune, so deal with it. Hedstate keep an eye on both the head-nodders and the dancefloor for this tasty sunshine groover.”
Big ups Mr Nick! As he mentioned above, Big Nick D‘s got a brand spanking new promo mix doing the rounds at the moment, that’s chock full of the kind of tuna listed above, and you can check it out on Mixcloud RIGHT HERE!
Watch this space for more charts and fun features from our resident DJs and special guests.
The Bass[sic] team