Hi party people!
It’s taken us almost a week to recover from the party, so many apologies for the delay, but we’d just like to make a big shout out to everyone who came down to The Cornershop last Saturday. You helped our fourth party go off with a massive bang, so many thanks, we couldn’t have done it without you!
Extra big ups to our fantastic guest DJs Beat Assassins and Mjoogoo who absolutely smashed things left right and centre and also to our lovely resident DJs who warmed the crowd up perfectly.
I know we keep promising to add pics to our Gallery, don’t worry, we’re working on it! Check back soon!
We hope you can join us for our next party on Saturday 28th of July – mark it in your diaries, it’s gonna be another big one! Further details, including the full lineup, will be announced soon so watch this space!
Nice one gang!
The Bass[sic] team
Not long to go now! This Saturday Bass[sic] returns to the rave cave basement at The Cornershop in Shoreditch and we’re getting very excited!
This Saturday 26th of May our special guests Beat Assassins and Mjoogoo will be tearing up the decks with their unique mixture of bouncy beats and bass and our residents rejectbeats, Big Nick D and Hubie will be ably supporting with an expert selection of hip hop, house, electro and breaks for your lovely ears.
Of course entry to the party is FREE all night. Kick off is at 8pm – we recommend you get down there nice and early cos it’s bound to get very busy and we don’t want you to miss out on all the fun!
All the event info can be found HERE!
Also check out our various listings…
As ever with Bass[sic], we like to go that extra mile and offer you some tasty mixes, tunes and podcasts to keep you in the party spirit! Here’s what we have for you this time round…
First up we have exclusive mixes from one of our May guests, Mjoogoo, and a live set recorded at our last event courtesy of Big Nick D. Head on over to our Mixcloud page to check ’em out!
Next up is a pair of remixes of Bass Nation by Digibox that was originally released on Big Square Records last year. These two new cuts are from rejectbeats & Hedstate. You can download both tracks from the Big Square Souncloud page.
Finally we have the playback of the official Bass[sic] warm up show from this weeks Hubie Sounds featuring special guest Mjoogoo on NSB Radio. Log on to Hubie’s website to grab it now!
Cheers peeps, and see you down the front on Saturday!
The Bass[sic] team
Yes that’s right, it’s time to announce the details of the next Bass[sic] party, taking place on Saturday 26th May, once again at The Cornershop in Shoreditch!
Here’s all you need to know…
Bass[sic] – Saturday 26th May 2012 @ The Cornershop, Shoreditch, London
* 8pm-2am – FREE Entry!
* Bass Music * House * Breaks * Electro * Funk *
Featuring the amazing DJing talents of…
* Beat Assassins [Mofo] – Having first hit the scene in 2006, the founders of legendary breakbeat label Mofo Recordings have been tearing up clubland ever since with residencies at Naughty Panda and Metalheadz and appearances at clubs and festivals all over the world. With their unique blend of hip-hop, breaks and electro, which they have dubbed ‘urban electro’, the Beat Assassins have had a string of successful releases, collaborating with the likes of AC Slater, Calvertron, Sigma, Deekline & Wizard and NAPT and garnering support from dance music luminaries such as Groove Armada, Utah Saints, Stanton Warriors, Plump DJs, Dub Pistols and many more! Now a one-man band represented by Jimmy Mofo, Beat Assassins are always moving in a fresh direction with new releases due to hit later this year. We’re proud to have Jimmy playing at Bass[sic] and we look forward to hearing what he’s got in store for us!
* Mjoogoo [Highheels Sessions] – Hailing from Genova, Italy, Mjoogoo (aka Francesco Giuffrida) has long been a stalwart of the London clubbing scene and has DJed worldwide, including at the Miami Winter Music Conference and Burning Man festival to name but two. He’s probably best known for his hugely successful Breakspoll award-nominated radio show, the Highheels Sessions, that used to broadcast every Thursday night on NSB Radio. Whilst being both enigmatic and humourous, the Highheels Sessions always had its finger on the pulse of serious underground dance music and boasted regular guests from the lexicon of breakbeat and tech-funk, including the likes of Dylan Rhymes, Elite Force, Nick Thayer, Madox, Santos, Plaza de Funk, Janette Slack, the list goes on – you name them and they were probably on the show at some stage! We’re very pleased to welcome Mjoogoo to the decks at Bass[sic] and we look forward to getting down to his techy grooves.
* Rejectbeats [Danny Reject & Kimpossible / NSB Radio]
* Big Nick D [Big Square Records]
* Hubie [NSB Radio]
The Cornershop [Downstairs]
123 Shoreditch High Street
Shoreditch, London, E1 6JE
* Funktion One Soundsystem * Drinks Specials * Food served upstairs ’til 10pm *
* Map: http://bit.ly/orxLBW
* Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/401330656553912/
* Resident Advisor Event Page: http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?363952
We hope you can join us in the rave cave, downstairs at The Cornershop! Once again, entry to this party is FREE all night long and, considering the heavy lineup, we’re expecting the venue to be rammed so make sure you get down there nice and early to avoid disappointment!
Also make sure you check out our mixcloud for loads of exclusive mixes to get you in the mood for the party: http://www.mixcloud.com/Bass_Sic/
See you down the front!
The Bass[sic] team