Monthly Archives: April 2012
Yes that’s right, it’s time to announce the details of the next Bass[sic] party, taking place on Saturday 26th May, once again at The Cornershop in Shoreditch!
Here’s all you need to know…
Bass[sic] – Saturday 26th May 2012 @ The Cornershop, Shoreditch, London
* 8pm-2am – FREE Entry!
* Bass Music * House * Breaks * Electro * Funk *
Featuring the amazing DJing talents of…
* Beat Assassins [Mofo] – Having first hit the scene in 2006, the founders of legendary breakbeat label Mofo Recordings have been tearing up clubland ever since with residencies at Naughty Panda and Metalheadz and appearances at clubs and festivals all over the world. With their unique blend of hip-hop, breaks and electro, which they have dubbed ‘urban electro’, the Beat Assassins have had a string of successful releases, collaborating with the likes of AC Slater, Calvertron, Sigma, Deekline & Wizard and NAPT and garnering support from dance music luminaries such as Groove Armada, Utah Saints, Stanton Warriors, Plump DJs, Dub Pistols and many more! Now a one-man band represented by Jimmy Mofo, Beat Assassins are always moving in a fresh direction with new releases due to hit later this year. We’re proud to have Jimmy playing at Bass[sic] and we look forward to hearing what he’s got in store for us!
* Mjoogoo [Highheels Sessions] – Hailing from Genova, Italy, Mjoogoo (aka Francesco Giuffrida) has long been a stalwart of the London clubbing scene and has DJed worldwide, including at the Miami Winter Music Conference and Burning Man festival to name but two. He’s probably best known for his hugely successful Breakspoll award-nominated radio show, the Highheels Sessions, that used to broadcast every Thursday night on NSB Radio. Whilst being both enigmatic and humourous, the Highheels Sessions always had its finger on the pulse of serious underground dance music and boasted regular guests from the lexicon of breakbeat and tech-funk, including the likes of Dylan Rhymes, Elite Force, Nick Thayer, Madox, Santos, Plaza de Funk, Janette Slack, the list goes on – you name them and they were probably on the show at some stage! We’re very pleased to welcome Mjoogoo to the decks at Bass[sic] and we look forward to getting down to his techy grooves.
* Rejectbeats [Danny Reject & Kimpossible / NSB Radio]
* Big Nick D [Big Square Records]
* Hubie [NSB Radio]
The Cornershop [Downstairs]
123 Shoreditch High Street
Shoreditch, London, E1 6JE
* Funktion One Soundsystem * Drinks Specials * Food served upstairs ’til 10pm *
* Map: http://bit.ly/orxLBW
* Contact: email@example.com
* Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/401330656553912/
* Resident Advisor Event Page: http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?363952
We hope you can join us in the rave cave, downstairs at The Cornershop! Once again, entry to this party is FREE all night long and, considering the heavy lineup, we’re expecting the venue to be rammed so make sure you get down there nice and early to avoid disappointment!
Also make sure you check out our mixcloud for loads of exclusive mixes to get you in the mood for the party: http://www.mixcloud.com/Bass_Sic/
See you down the front!
The Bass[sic] team
We just wanted to say another big thanks to all of you who came down to The Cornershop on Saturday night and helped make our third Bass[sic] party such a rawring success! Also massive big ups to our excellent guest DJs, Mr Cut La Roc and the man-like Merka, aka Ford Audio, for absolutely smashing the place to pieces! A notable mention should also go to our ever-reliable resident DJs who, together with our guests, formed a very juicy bass music sandwich, I’m sure you’d agree!
We’re still sifting through our photos from the night, they should be up very soon, so keep an eye on our Gallery page for updates.
The next party is on Saturday 26th of May at The Cornershop, mark it in your diaries! Full lineup and details coming soon, watch this space!
The Bass[sic] team