Monthly Archives: March 2012
Yes that’s right, only two more sleeps ’til Bass[sic] returns to the rave cave basement at The Cornershop in Shoreditch and we’re getting very excited!
This Saturday 31st of March the legendary Cut La Roc will be headlining the party with his special brand of big beats and cheeky re-rubs. And supporting him will be the man who used to be known as Merka, now in his Ford Audio guise, spinning his unique blend of chunky breaks and filthy basslines. Also on DJ duties will be the ever-reliable Bass[sic] residents Hubie, Big Nick D and rejectbeats.
Of course entry to the party is FREE all night. Kick off is at 8pm – we recommend you get down there nice and early cos it’s bound to get very busy and we don’t want you to miss out on all the fun!
All the event info can be found HERE!
Also check out our various listings…
And if you haven’t been to a Bass[sic] before, here’s a video of our first party that should give you a little idea of what to expect!
See ya down the front!
The Bass[sic] team
Thanks for tuning in last night, we hope you enjoyed the show. And big ups to rejectbeats for a cracking mix, cheers gang!
This show is now available to download from the NSB Radio archives, just click the link below…
Here’s the show tracklist…
* Foreigner – Cold As Ice – A.Skillz & Nick Thayer Bootleg [CDR]
* Sonny J – Can’t Stop Moving [Rough Trade]
* Kidda – Under The Sun [Skint]
* DJ Love – It’s Hot! [Air]
** Bass[sic] Residents Rejectbeats in the Mix: Everybody’s Dead Dave Part 2 – Peak Time **
* Baymont Brothers Ft. MC Alaska – Have Some Fun
* Basement Freaks – The Art Of Afro – DJ Hero Remix
* Wes Smith – Back To Back – DJ Fixx Mix
* Zedd – Stars Come Out – DJ Hero Re-Rub
* Kill The Noise – Deal With It – Cut La Roc Breaks Mix
* Freakhouse – My Brain Is Bigger Than Yours – Lazy Rich Remix / Adsorb Breaks Edit
* Fatboy Slim – Ya Mama – Moguai Remix
* Bonsai Kat – Bla Bla
* Plump DJs – Gobbstopper
* Tommy Trash – Future Folk
* Cut La Roc – Freeze – Hoi! Remix
* Quadrat Beat – The Day Before – Chevy One Remix
* Lunar Shift – Rain Drops – Chevy One Remix
* Rejectbeats – Star Transmission
* Merka – My Spaceship [Fat!]
* Ford Audio (aka Merka) – Hello Stranger [CDR]
* Kill Frenzy – Booty Clap – Cut La Roc Retro Edit [CDR]
* Worthy – Shy Look [Dirtybird]
* Drums Of Death – The Jerk – Sinden Remix [Civil Music]
* The Freakazoids – Freak And Hustle – 2012 Edit [CDR]
* Elite Force Vs. Basement Jaxx Vs. Joss Stone – Fly Life – Elite Force ReVamp [U & A]
* Tensnake – Coma Cat – Will Bailey Summer Bootleg [CDR]
* Fatboy Slim – Everybody Needs A 303 – Sonny Wharton Remix [Skint]
We hope to see you at The Cornershop in Shoreditch for the third installment of Bass[sic] on Saturday 31st March with Cut La Roc & Merka! More info about that HERE!
And make sure you tune into the next Hubie Sounds on Tuesday 10th of April @ 9pm UK time – live and direct on NSB Radio!
The Bass[sic] team
Only four more sleeps to go!
We’re getting very excited about this Saturday’s party, we’re sure you are too! To help get you into the groove for the weekend, our lovely headliners Cut La Roc and Ford Audio have each kindly given us a brand spanking new tune for your lovely ears!
First up, we have a very exciting return to form for the man formerly known as Merka. Here in his new guise, Ford Audio has created a filthy, throbby monster of a track titled Hello Stranger, heralding his return from the musical wilderness with a big fat breaky bang!
And next up, our heroic headliner Cut La Roc has given a familiar Dirtybird classic a chunky breakbeat twist, bumping up the bass with his Retro Edit of Booty Clap by Kill Frenzy.
We hope you enjoy the tunes. Feel free to download them and share them with your friends. All that we ask is that you take a moment to leave a comment on the respective Soundcloud pages. And of course, make sure you come down to The Cornershop this Saturday night to experience the collective awesomeness of Cut La Roc, Ford Audio and the Bass[sic] crew in the flesh! All for FREE of course!
The Bass[sic] team
Later this week the bass-tastic Bass[sic] party returns to the Cornershop in Shoreditch, so this Tuesday night Hubie will be celebrating with another Bass[sic] Special! As part of this special he will be playing the second installment of Bass[sic] residents rejectbeats excellent ‘Everybody’s Dead Dave’ mix set, which is chock full of bass music win.
You can also expect to hear exclusive first ever radio plays of a new re-rub from Bass[sic] headliner Cut La Roc as well as brand spanking new material from breakbeat legend Merka, now recording under his new guise as Ford Audio.
More info about this week’s Bass[sic] event can be found here. However, keep an eye on this site for a few FREE Bass[sic] related treats due to hit later in the week!
The Hubie Sounds Bass[sic] Special – Tuesday 27th March @ 9pm UK time – live and direct on NSB Radio!
Don’t forget to come and say hello in the Chatroom!
For all the details, including how to tune in to NSB Radio, check out the Radio Show page on HubieSounds.com!
Also don’t forget that, as of last Sunday, the UK has moved its clocks forward one hour to BST. So if you’re tuning in from around the world, it is possible that Hubie Sounds will be on air an hour earlier than normal, depending on your time zone and/or position within the space time continuum.